The US Fresh Produce Cash Price Browser monitors daily price movements of dozens of fresh produce products in locations across the United States, as well as regional and national averages. Users can quickly and easily view cash price data by percentage changes in various time horizons, from yesterday to last year. Users can also rank price movements to see which markets are moving the most.
Customers Use the Model to:
- Track how prices have moved for a product over the past week, month, or year to date
- Compare prices for goods across different provinces
- View hundreds of price data series in a single table, and quickly sort, rank, and filter the data
- Understand if price movements are driven by seasonality or price volatility
Why It Matters
The app includes a heatmap for visualizing how prices have changed over time, helping to deduce if price changes are based on seasonality or other external factors. Clicking on the heatmap provides a summary of the product’s price history along with trends. Users can also rank price movements over different time horizons to see which markets are moving the most.
- Webinar: Price and Logistics Analysis for Fresh Produce in Mexico
- Webinar: Analyzing Fresh Produce Price Volatility
- Gro’s Fresh Produce Toolkit
- Iceberg Lettuce Supply Monitor
Fresh produce has long been one of the most volatile markets in the world. During this webinar, we will introduce a new, data-driven approach to produce-price analysis and discuss how it can be used to better manage buying and marketing decisions in fresh produce.