Financial trading and investment companies provide needed liquidity and risk capital to agricultural futures and derivatives markets, which are essential to all companies in the agricultural value chain. Hedge funds, asset managers, investment banks, and large investors use these markets to manage risk and express views on future price movements.
- Yield forecast models for price forecasting
- Analogous year detection for scenario analysis of likely price outcomes using variables like price, climate, trade, supply, and demand
- Drought index for improved monitoring of global drought risk
- Land suitability rankings for real asset valuation
As for all major industries, capital is the grease that keeps the agricultural economy moving. Farmers and agribusiness rely on banks to extend credit. And they depend on insurance companies to provide a safety net against adverse circumstances. Financial service companies, for their part, need to be alert to the health of the farm economy to assess credit worthiness and set policy premiums. Understanding regional finance and credit conditions allows financial institutions to properly price capital and insurance.
- Yield forecast models at global scale for managing credit risk and insurance portfolio risk
- Commodity demand models for insurance demand modeling
- Drought index for better managing climate risk across your portfolio
- Farmer balance sheets for monitoring and forecasting the financial health of your customers
- Price forecasts for hedging credit and counterparty exposure
- Analogous year detection for scenario analysis of likely business outcomes using variables like price, climate, trade, supply, and demand
Interested in seeing applications for your team? Please contact us for a walk-through.
Schedule a Demo