Our customers make use of Gro’s analytics products, domain expertise, and millions of data series on food commodities from around the world, standardized and all in one place.
Forecasting Planting Intentions
Planting intentions are important to a range of companies for forecasting regional demand for seed and crop protection and in planning for future seasons. As food production has doubled over the past 50 years, innovations in crop protection and seed genetics have contributed to significant gains in productivity.
- Demand models for better revenue forecasting
- Planting intentions for forecasting input demand
- Yield forecast models for better managing credit risk tied to the financing of inputs
- Retail level fresh produce data provides granular insight into the produce market
- Land suitability rankings for product development strategy
- Analogous year detection for scenario analysis of likely business outcomes using variables like price, climate, trade, supply, and demand
- Farmer balance sheets for monitoring and forecasting the financial health of your customers
Pest and Disease Spread and Severity
Research-forward seed, fertilizer, and crop insurance companies have increased their focus on sustainability and soil health, in addition to addressing pests and disease. These companies use Gro for:
Mitigating Risk from Climate and Drought
Gro maps climate indicators to production regions to mitigate risks to both margins and supply, including:
- Real time climate and environmental monitoring for rapid identification of sales impact
- Drought Index for short and long term planning to incipient drought
- Growing conditions such as soil moisture, vegetation, and evapotranspiration for any region and weighted by a specific crop
Interested in seeing applications for your team? Please contact us for a walk-through.
Schedule a Demo